Thursday, June 14, 2012

Powder Room DIY Chair

I'm in the process of changing up my powder room.  When we built our home, I was really loving shabby chic.  I'm am slowly weaning myself.  


I am doing the bathroom in grey, white, black and chartreuse. I am loving these colors.  I will do a post when it's completed.


In the meantime, I wanted to show you this fantastic antique chair.  I bought this a few years ago and had it on my front porch.  Someone accidentally stepped on the seat (my husband) and put a big hole in the middle of it.  






I removed the leather seat.  I sanded and painted the chair a crisp white.  My husband cut a piece of plywood for the new seat.  I added  thick foam and covered it with a bright colorful fabric.  






It turned out perfect.  I made a sweet pillow with a ruffle and added a rhinestone button for a little bling.  It looks so sweet in my new powder room.


I'm still working on a few accessories.  Can't wait to show you the new room when it's done.




Linking to ............





Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special



No comments:

Post a Comment